Thanks to months of hard work, great PT's, OT's and ST's, lots of prayers and more small miracles than I can keep track of, my kitchen is now a disaster. ..and I love it. Nothing makes this mommy's heart happier than to turn the corner and see Addie sitting with her back to me, engrossed in the contents of the lazy susan or the ever so delightful cabinet that contains her personal favorite - the loaf of bread for my daily PB&J - while surrounded by a plethora of toys and magnets that have migrated into the kitchen over the course of the day. I have to admit that the lopsided PB&J's make my heart melt just a little.. . for some reason, she always drags it out and often winds up either stepping on it or sitting on it or landing on it when she's trying to cruise. I wish I could eat lopsided PB&J's forever
We had a momentous occasion yesterday; Addie broke her first dish! I'll admit it; once I had scooped her up to make sure she didn't cut herself, I smiled just a little to myself. She was crawling, exploring and enjoying the sound that little custard dish made and was strong enough to lift it up just high enough that it broke when she dropped it. ..That's an accomplishment in my world, folks! Now, when I use those cups again someday, I will smile when I stop to remember why I only have 3 instead of 4. We are incredibly blessed. ..
Anyway, here are a few pictures I've snapped trying to capture the messes that I know I will miss someday. ..
Hmmmm...what's in here?? Bread. ..now where are the marshmallows?!
Poor custard cup. ..moments before it earned notoriety in Addie's baby book.
Still playing with the bread.. .and tortillas. We apparently enjoy carbs in this house.
Caught in the act!
Another day, another loaf of bread..
Fun with magnets - I love that our dishwasher apparently serves as a wonderful magnet board!
Bread again.. .shoes undone. ..marshmallows soon to be squished.
Thanks, sweet Addie Bug, for keeping life in perspective, and thanks to my mom for teaching me that the bigger the mess, the more fun was had by everyone involved.


Documenting the loaf of bread is the best. This cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteAnd the little shoe undone!
Love all of this!
ReplyDelete