Saturday, May 26, 2012

(Almost) Little Miss Independent

It's been a little bit since I've updated on the little miss, and she's been busy! In one of my last posts I was incredibly concerned about her head and possible surgery in the coming days and weeks. I am happy to report that I was wrong! I was right that something was wrong with her, but that something turned out to be her first tooth! Hooray for being a big girl! Not that we're going to be using teeth any time soon, but it's great to be getting them in. Her corrected age is 8 months, so she should be starting to get some in. As soon as it popped through, her sweet personality switched back to its usual happy state of mind. Of course, where there is one, there are often two, and sure enough, tooth number two is wreaking havoc in our otherwise peaceful world. It's nice to know that as soon as it pops through, life will get back to normal.

Our big task from Dr.Trainer at our last visit was to learn to sit on her own. Well, we have been working and working, and she is definitely getting stronger. She is soooo close now! My personal goal was for her to be doing it by her birthday. It may "click" by Wednesday.. It may not. Either way I'm so proud of how much progress she has made. She actually sat on her own on my stomach for a minute or so earlier this week with me adjusting my body to help her stay balanced. She was so incredibly proud of herself, and I was in tears I was so happy for her. We haven't recreated the event since then, but she's so close! She's got just enough stiffness in her legs that it's hard for her to get loose enough to balance, and she hasn't figured out how to prop on her hands just yet. She will get it, though!

I can't wait to get an updated weight on her do we can see just how far she's come from last year's 1 pound 9.5 ounces!

Please continue to pray for her eating.. It is practically nonexistent now. We have a new speech therapist that really like now, and I am hopeful we will make some progress. She seems to "get" Addie. Fingers crossed!

Here are some more recent pictures!! Sorry the one is dark, but that is actually of her sitting on her own and beaming with pride at her accomplishment. More to come as we move into BIRTHDAY WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment