Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summertime, Sitting and Sassiness

Addie is truly her father's daughter! Not only does she look just like him (sorry, Mom, but she does!!), but she also has some distinctly Philip sassiness these days! She certainly didn't get it from me. ;-) In the last week, I've taught her how to wave and clap, but the thing she loves most is shaking her head "no"! No, no, no, no, with a huge grin on her face! She loves to be contrary, in the most charming way, of course, just like her daddy. Man, oh man, am I in trouble! I'm not even kidding about Philip.. great examples.. Philip loves the Gators (more than anything!), the Heat, the Yankees, and Tiger Woods (now that no one else like him, of course) all because everyone else loves to hate them.

I do love that Addie has some sass.. It's a big part of what has kept her here in the face of so much adversity. Now if we can just keep it in check during the teenage years..

We have made some awesome strides in the developmental department lately! She can officially sit up on her own., but we use the Boppy as a buffer after a couple of unfortunate tumbles when I turned my head (just for a split second, I swear!). She actually prefers sitting now and does these adorable mini crunches trying to sit up on her own the second she wakes up.

She has the cutest wave on earth! Give the girl a tiara; Miss America and the Queen of England haven't got a thing on this sweet angel's wave! She figured out when to wave two days ago.. It was the happiest, sweetest moment of our life together to date! She has the cutest little tea pot that talks when you open the lid.. I was, of course, playing with it while she sat and played with her beads and stars. It goes through "Open, close, up, down, hello, Bye-bye", and no joke, when we got to Bye-bye, her head popped up from what she was playing with, eyes gleaming with recognition (you could almost see the light bulb switching on over her head), and she proceeded to wave bye-bye. I clapped, I cried, I probably overwhelmed the poor child with kisses and hugs and sent the video of her second or third wave on cue to everyone I've ever met. I'm telling you.. Our highs will be higher! Granted, after that evening she's now more focused on clapping, so now when you say "bye-bye" she grins that sassy smile and blatantly claps in your face. I love it.

Our summer is off to an amazing start. She's gotten to meet a few of her friends and of course, at long last, her "sisters" aka the Roberts' girls, and she was only a little overwhelmed at times. It's so nice to slowly get to inch our way back out into the world. I've missed our friends and family this past year!!

In health related news, we are en route to Cincinnati Children's for a GI consult to see if they can help with her ongoing tummy issues. Please pray they can help or at least tell us if we're doing the right things for her now. She had a sedated hearing test last week, and she does have severe to profound hearing loss in her left ear and some mild loss in her right, so we are working on getting her set up with hearing aids in the month of July. Everything else is pretty status quo!

Here are a few pictures from our summer so far..

No comments:

Post a Comment