Friday, September 21, 2012

A Little Taste of Normal

We had a little hint, taste, tidbit of "normal" (I still hate that word, but you get what I mean) last weekend! Friends / family from Florida came up for the UT v UF game, and I somewhat bottled up most of all of my germaphobic tendencies, fears of Addie getting sick, and overprotectiveness for a few days. We actually went out to dinner once and ventured out to the park with Addie and had a big dinner with friends and had overnight guests in the house for several days. Living on the edge, right? Now, as Jenny wisely pointed out, that's not considered "normal" in most people's worlds, but it is a bit of what was once "normal" for us before. The UT v UF game is a big, BIG deal in Philip's world, so I wanted to give him this weekend for going along with my sometimes overprotectiveness when it comes to exposing Addie to the world even though it is totally justified and is what is best for her until she gets bigger and stronger. I mean, have you read the statistics on RSV / flu / pneumonia for micro preemies?? It is NOT pretty. More than anything we enjoyed spending time enjoying friends / family for a few days. My favorite part was the evening that we grilled out with our friends Chris & Betsy and their boys, Pierson (4 yo) and Bryce (16 months). We grilled, relaxed, ate outside, and ended the night by catching lightning bugs with Pierson and Bryce who had never seen lightning bugs before. That is my idea of perfect - relaxed, not too many people, not rushed, simple. ..

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

Addie & Paci Enjoying an Outdoor Meal. ..
She was a little confused as to why we were eating outside. ..

Bryce Lovin' Some Corn on the Cob

The Kids Table Has Grown!!

Philip & Addie Enjoying Game Day

Addie & April Having Fun During the Second Half

Addie LOVED Her Aunt Betsy. ..ALOT!!

Addie & Daddy Enjoying Park Time

Pierson & Bryce Working Off Some Energy with the Wii

It really was a fun weekend, and it was nice having some company around the house. We adore our Florida family, and it was so nice to catch up. Granted, we have paid for our fun with both Addie and I being sick most of this week (see, I'm NOT crazy for being so cautious!!), so I don't see a repeat weekend coming up any time soon..  but it sure was fun while it lasted!

1 comment: